While it’s extremely tempting to stay rugged up in bed on these cold wet miserable mornings, it is very important to keep our bodies moving.
Here’s some tips on how to stay motivated to workout during Winter…
• As soon as your alarm goes off, get straight up out of bed & open the curtains or turn the light on. DON’T PRESS SNOOZE! Your body is naturally activated with light, so get up & get your body started.
• Start your day with a few gentle stretches, holding them for 20 seconds. Start from your lower legs & work your way up to your head (calves, achilles, quads, hamstrings, glutes, hips, upper & lower back, sides, abs, arms & neck).
• If jumping up & going for a run outside on these cold, wet days is not your thing, easy done, you can use your furniture to have a half decent work out. Chairs & couches are great for leg step ups & arm work outs, or just use a yoga mat on your lounge or bedroom floor.
• Buy new workout clothes, so you feel inspired to work out & feel good about yourself. Warm jackets (with reflective strips if possible) & running gloves make the time spent outdoors much more bearable.
• Schedule set days for working out & stick with the plan.
• Have a workout buddy or date, as a friend always pushes you to work better.