Are you experiencing stress in the workplace…
Stress is the normal response to the demands of work. It can be beneficial in small bursts to help keep you alert and performing at your best, however prolonged or excessive stress can be damaging to your mental health.
Stress can be a trigger for someone with depression and/or anxiety, and may cause an existing condition to worsen.
Stress can also affect your relationships and life outside of the workplace, and increase your risk of injury, burnout and fatigue.
Some of the physical signs of stress can include:
• Chest pain
• Nausea, diarrhoea or constipation
• Weak immune system leaving you vulnerable to getting colds more often
• Muscle tension and headaches
• Fast, shallow breathing and excessive sweating
• Loss or change of appetite
• Sleeping problems
Non-physical signs of stress can include:
• Feeling frustrated or overwhelmed
• Feeling down and unhappy
• Loss of confidence and being indecisive
• Negative thinking
• Memory problems
• Excessive worrying
Do you need help developing systems to identify and prevent stress in the workplace?