Wellness Wednesday tips… brought to you by HealthForce Group.
Even in these cooler winter months, your body still requires the same amount of water as it does during warmer weather.
The harsh cold air can be hard on our bodies and drinking water can help in more ways than one!
• During the winter months, many of us gain a few extra pounds. Drinking water will help reduce weight gain by helping our bodies properly process the food we consume. Drinking ice cold water is even said to help burn calories!
• Did you know that the number one cause of daytime fatigue is dehydration?… If you are one of those people who must have a caffeine blast mid-day, you just might be dehydrated. Without ample amounts of water, our bodily functions slow down and use up extra energy. This reason to drink more water will help you feel better during the cloudy, dreary days this winter.
• Drinking water helps push impurities and waste through our bodies in order to keep us healthy and energized. As one of the best reasons to drink more water, this is especially important during the winter months when we have a tendency to be more sedentary.
• Dehydrated skin has a dull, scaly appearance that can be avoided by consuming plenty of water each day. Dull skin can be even more of a problem during the winter months due to the weather. The harsh, cold winter air can chap our skin and the dry air from the heaters in our homes can dehydrate and further dull our complexions.
• Just because you don’t sweat as much during the winter months as you do during the summer does not mean that your body isn’t losing water. During the winter, water vapor escapes from our bodies through our breath. You can see it escaping…it’s the steam that comes out of your mouth when you’re outside in the freezing cold air. This is one of the most essential reasons to drink more water because it will help you during both the winter and summer months.
These reasons to drink more water are important reminders when you’re having trouble consuming plenty of water each day. Drinking water will increase your health and immunity all around. Water is necessary for our bodies to complete their necessary functions.